QuickBooks update process often gets interrupted due to several troublesome errors & one of these errors is QuickBooks Update Error 15106, which can arise due to several different factors. Essentially, this error is categorized within the ‘15XXX’ error series, and the error message informs the QB user that the update program is either corrupted or damaged.
This blog has a section-wise analysis of this update problem, and appropriate step-wise solutions are also explained.
If you are experiencing QuickBooks Update Error 15106, you can dial +1-855-948-3646 to approach our QB Technical Professionals Team for guidance.
What Are the Common Factors That Provoke ‘QB Desktop 15106 Error’?
The ‘QB Desktop 15106 Error’ occurs due to the reasons listed below:
- Not logging into Windows & QB Desktop with required admin rights can hinder the QB update process.
- Intervention by antivirus applications installed on the computer can also provoke this error.
You may also read:- QuickBooks error 179
How Can ‘15106 Update Error Message in QuickBooks’ Be Eliminated?
The ‘15106 Update Error Message in QuickBooks’ can be rectified using the solutions given below:
Solution 1: Operate Windows & your QB Desktop application with complete admin privileges to successfully download QB updates
- First of all, you will attempt to log into Windows through the admin user account, and for that, you shall tap the ‘Windows + R’ keys to get the ‘Run’ window, after which you will type ‘Control Panel’ in the ‘Run’ window box to obtain the ‘Control Panel’ window on the screen.
- Thereafter, shift immediately to the ‘Control Panel’ window so that you are able to select the ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’ tab, following which you can tap the ‘User Accounts’ option on the screen.
- Next, instantly go ahead to choose the ‘Manage another account’ option, following which you shall type your admin user account credentials to successfully log into Windows with admin rights.
- At this step, shift back to Windows Desktop to right-click on the QB Desktop application so that you are able to choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option; after that, the QB Desktop application will function with full admin rights, thereby allowing you to get required QB updates successfully.
Related article:- QuickBooks error 15311
Solution 2: Stop the ongoing execution of the antivirus application & properly rename the QB update folder
- Here, just tap the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ keys to obtain the ‘Task Manager’ window on the screen, following which you shall instantly strike on the ‘Processes’ tab to obtain the list of those processes that are currently executing on the computer.
- Now, carefully select the name of the antivirus application in that list and then tap the ‘End Process’ button to finally restrict its execution on your system.
- After that, jump out of the ‘Task Manager’ window to access the ‘QuickBooks’ folder, following which you shall access the ‘Components’ folder to finally obtain the ‘downloadqbXX’ (‘XX’ just indicates the version of QuickBooks) folder.
- At this step, correctly right-click on the ‘downloadqbXX’ icon to choose the ‘Rename’ option, following which you can save the fresh name ‘downloadqbXX.oldtep.’
- Finally, step out of the ‘QuickBooks’ folder to successfully get all the relevant QB Desktop updates easily & effectively on the system.
Through precise use of these solutions, QuickBooks Update Error 15106 can be easily extirpated. For more help & guidance, dial +1-855-948-3646 to connect with our QB Professionals Team.
Read more:- QuickBooks error ps077
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings